On the day of surgery
Transport to hospitalIn case of traffic congestion, please allow yourself plenty of time to get to the hospital. It is always better to be early rather than late and you will feel more relaxed. However, if unavoidable circumstances delay your arrival, please telephone us (04) 479 2069.
Checklist: what to bring to hospital
- Your admission forms and health questionnaire (or copies if already posted to us).
- X-rays and scans relevant to your surgery.
- All your usual medications (including herbal and dietary supplements) in their original containers – please refer to important 'medications' information.
- Your medical insurance company’s letter of prior approval.
- ACC’s letter authorising your treatment in a private hospital.
- Glasses and physical aids (walking sticks, hearing aids, etc).
- Comfortable clothing and footwear.
- It is a good idea for children to bring their favourite toy or blanket.
Patients staying one or more nights:
- Suitable nightwear and dressing gown.
- Reading and writing material.
Checklist: what not to bring
- Large amounts of cash
- Other valuables
While we take great care to secure personal effects, Bowen Hospital cannot guarantee their security and cannot accept responsibility for their safekeeping.