We welcome your enquiry, so feel free to contact us if you would like to find out more about Bowen Hospital, and our services, specialists and career opportunities at Bowen. In this section you will find all the information you need on how to contact us and where to find us.If you wish to know more about the services offered at Bowen please do not hesitate to telephone, call in or email us.
Bowen Icon Cancer Centre
Level B3, 98 Churchill Drive
P: 04 896 0200
F: 04 896 0201
Bowen Hospital is situated on Churchill Drive in the suburb of Crofton Downs, approximately 3km north of Wellington City, on the main road between Wilton and Ngaio. It is easily accessible by train and bus. Instructions on how to reach Bowen Hospital from the Wellington Railway Station can be seen below:
- Take the Johnsonville Line (JVL)
- Get off at the Crofton Downs Station.
- Walk 10 minutes up Churchill Drive, the hospital will be on your left.
Bus Option 1:
- Walk 4 minutes from Wellington Station to Molesworth Street at Parliament
- Take Bus 14 (Hataitai - Roseneath - Wellington - Wilton) at Stop 5111 (Molesworth Street - Parliament Bus Stop).
- Get off at Stop 5126 (opposite Blackbridge Road).
- Walk 14 minutes to your destination.
Bus Option 2:
- Take Bus 45 (Wellington - Ngaio) at Stop 5016 (Wellington Station - Stop D).
- Get off at Stop 5451 (Colway Street opposite Ngaio School).
- Walk towards Stop 4451 (Ngaio School - Colway Street).
- Get on Bus 47 (Johnsonville - Newtown).
- Get off at Stop 4137 (Churchill Drive near Bowen Hospital).
- Walk for about a minute to reach the hospital.
Bus and train timetables can be viewed through www.metlink.org.nz
Road maps and parking areas
(click on each map to enlarge)
The blue sections (off Churchill Drive) show the carpark areas.
For a Google walking map, please click here.