Covid 19 (Coronavirus) Information
Acurity Health Group is following the guidelines outlined by the Ministry of Health
COVID Alert level 2, commencing Thursday 14 May 2020, allows us to increase our capacity to perform elective private procedures in alignment with our DHBs and the Ministry of Health guidelines. Our robust health and safety measures ensures we continue to perform safely while providing optimal care to all our patients.The safety and wellbeing of our patients, visitors, staff, medical specialists, and contractors is always our utmost priority. We want to let you know what we are doing in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The safety and wellbeing of our patients, visitors, staff, medical specialists, and contractors is always our utmost priority.
We have always had very thorough cleaning, hygiene and health and safety processes in our hospitals. We have dedicated infection prevention and health and safety experts advising and monitoring our practices.
We've also put in place even more cleaning and sanitising for each of our sites, focusing on high touch surfaces and have hand sanitisers installed throughout the hospital for our staff, patients and visitors.
We're following the Ministry of Health's guidelines around hand-washing, cough etiquette, social distancing and hygiene practices, and have reinforced this with all our teams.
Before you visit the hospital...
- Been in close contact with someone suspected or confirmed as having the Coronavirus?
- Are you feeling unwell? (Fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath)
If you answered YES to any of these questions:
- Stay home - please don’t enter our hospital. Contact us at reception 04 381 8100
- Contact Healthline for advice:
Covid-19 hotline: 0800 358 5453
General hotline: 0800 611 116
- Contact your Healthcare Provider.
Please help us to help you and the people you care about:
- If you’re unwell do not enter our hospital. Contact your GP.
- Where possible please maintain physical distancing of at least 1 metre
- Visitor limitations – 1 visitor per patient, for 1 hour per day
- Visitors must arrive through main hospital entrances and register their details before visiting patients
- All contractors are to report to main reception on arrival and register their details.
Patient and visitor information:
In our effort to protect our patients, staff and doctors from Covid-19 we ask that you:
- Restrict your visitors to 1 visitor per day, for a maximum of 1 hour per day. Our hospital staff will advise you on visiting hours
- Remind your family/whanau or any visitor to not visit you if they have flu-like symptoms or are feeling unwell, or are in close contact with someone feeling unwell or if with flu-like symptoms
- Visitors to please enter through our main hospital reception and register themselves before visiting you in your room
- Use the hand sanitisers upon entering and exiting rooms and our hospital
- No food is to be brought onto our premises and into our hospitals
Healthline: Dedicated number for health-related calls about Coronavirus 0800 358 5453
Contact us: 04 479 2069